I have been taking lots of photos. This is where I am dumping them...Enjoy.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

San Xavier del Bac Mission

According to their website,
San Xavier Mission is acclaimed by many to be the finest example of mission architecture in the United States. It is a graceful blend of Moorish, Byzantine and late Mexican Renaissance architecture, yet the blending is so complete it is hard to tell where one type begins and another ends.





This is an amazing place. I have been there several times, and each time I am amazed at how elaborate this mission is. I have taken some pictures I really like there, plus I got my glow in the dark Jesus in their gift shop. Any place that sells gitd Jesuses is okay in my book.



No comments:

About Me

My photo
Army wife for several eons. Three kids, two dogs, no more guinea pigs (one is coyote poo, the other lives somewhere else now.). Moved from desert to almost Arctic because we are crazed.